Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

British Mk2 "desert camo"

Article about: Hello friends, to your attention this British Mk2 desert tan: Shell RO&CO FZ II /1940 Liner TTC II /1940 for me it is a first equipment for troops destined at north african theater, for

Default British Mk2 "desert camo"

Hello friends,
    to your attention this British Mk2 desert tan:
    Shell RO&CO FZ II /1940
    Liner TTC II /1940
    for me it is a first equipment for troops destined at north african theater, for the tonality used and because it had a unique camo painting sand color outside, while inside is standard Army color.
    I think this camouflage was used in Africa and during the first period of the italian campaign: Pantelleria, Sicily..and Salerno, but in this case in limited quantities, together with other in darker color, or in sand with brown spots.
    It seems interesting and I would like your opinions.

Thanks
    Roberto

British Mk2 "desert camo"British Mk2 "desert camo"British Mk2 "desert camo"British Mk2 "desert camo"British Mk2 "desert camo"British Mk2 "desert camo"British Mk2 "desert camo"

PS: I've always been very interesting at the war in the desert and in Italy; I share with you this comparison, our Mk2 with two "old enemies" original of period: on left a italian M33 helmet and on right a italian tropical helmet mod. 1928.
    Are three protagonist of the great african battles.
    For accurately, the mod. 1928 belonged to a veteran of the East African campaign of 1935-36, but it was widely used until El Alamein.
    I hope it is for you a good vision.

cheers

?

Hi Roberto, The first troops out in Africa late 30's /1940, would most likely have been issued the Mk1*
    Yours is a nice army with standard khaki green textured paint, not a camo.
    Here's a selection of army Mk2's, all vary in colour due to where they have been stored for the last 70+ years. Plus also how they were treated when in use.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mk2 "desert camo"   British Mk2 "desert camo"  

British Mk2 "desert camo"   British Mk2 "desert camo"  

British Mk2 "desert camo"   British Mk2 "desert camo"  

Nice tan painted helmet, I super condition as well, thanks for showing it. Leon.

thanks for explanation tinlid!
    a question please: this color was used generically in all fronts during the period when it was in use?

Hard to tell the true colour of the lid, in most the exterior looks a dirty tan but in the 2nd pics, the close up of the chin strap lug rivet, it looks standard greyish green.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

SMP
    ?

Aaron is quite correct - a standard Army helmet as used on all fronts from 1938 onwards.

Nice display of military MKIIs Aaron !

?

Thanks Steve, one i think is now yours.

SMP
    ?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Thanks Steve, one i think is now yours.

Really? which one ?

?

Was it the fourth picture with the name and number on the outside?