Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

British Mk2 khaki/sand with rope net (1939)

Article about: Hello to all, I share with you one of my British Mk2, color is khaki/sand smooth (not textured), brown interior. Shell: RO&CO QF I/1939 Liner N°1: VERO I/1939 size 7 Hooks chinstrap: 193

Default British Mk2 khaki/sand with rope net (1939)

Hello to all,
    I share with you one of my British Mk2, color is khaki/sand smooth (not textured), brown interior.
    Shell: RO&CO QF I/1939
    Liner N°1: VERO I/1939 size 7
    Hooks chinstrap: 1939
    The rope net is very particular but original, in fact in some points of contact with the shell shows signs of rust (see photo n°2)
    On the chinstrap are visible the initials of the owner and the patina of the time is remarkable.
    I saw photo of helmets with similar net of troops deployed on the Burma front.
    I'd like to know what you think and I include photos with many details.

greetings for the attention.
    Roberto
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mk2 khaki/sand with rope net (1939)   British Mk2 khaki/sand with rope net (1939)  

British Mk2 khaki/sand with rope net (1939)   British Mk2 khaki/sand with rope net (1939)  

British Mk2 khaki/sand with rope net (1939)   British Mk2 khaki/sand with rope net (1939)  

British Mk2 khaki/sand with rope net (1939)  

A great looking Khaki helmet Roberto, a nice level of wear giving it a super character. Leon.

Thanks Leon,
    for your positive opinion; I also believe that it is a piece that transmits parts of history.

Roberto

?

Roberto, did you buy it in Italy?

I can't really comment apart from saying I'd buy too if I saw it.

Tony

A very good example, nice to see it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Nice early army Mk2, but the net to me doesn't look that old.

Great find, thx for showing, nice pics ;-)

Hi, Tony
    yes, I have found in Italy recently, he was part of a collection helmets of various Commonwealth countries.

Roberto

Hi, Aaron
    for the net I can not say, I found it so and did not know her; I have convinced the traces of rust on it, however, what I liked was the same helmet.

Roberto