Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British MKII faint camouflage

Article about: New addition to my collection, when cleaning the muck of the shell a faint black camouflage cane through, also has once had a flash on the side that has been removed. I only bought it for th

?

Default British MKII faint camouflage

New addition to my collection, when cleaning the muck of the shell a faint black camouflage came through, also has once had a flash on the side that has been removed. I only bought it for the early net that came with it , so bit of a bonus buy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MKII faint camouflage   British MKII faint camouflage  

British MKII faint camouflage   British MKII faint camouflage  

British MKII faint camouflage   British MKII faint camouflage  

Last edited by busman; 09-28-2017 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Spelling correction

?

Liner is 1937 dated Helmets ltd.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MKII faint camouflage  

Nice looking helmet there, a good acquisition there!
    "Per Ardua"

?

The net that came with the lid .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MKII faint camouflage   British MKII faint camouflage  

British MKII faint camouflage  

SMP
    ?

Lovely net !

Not sure about the camo. Would love to hear some comments

?

Could always start with your reason on not being sure on it, just to get the ball rolling.

SMP
    ?

Quote by busman View Post
    Could always start with your reason on not being sure on it, just to get the ball rolling.
    Sorry, I thought somebody would have had an opinion, but I guess not.

To me the camo looks contrived. I particularly don't like the fact that the whole of the outside has been repainted. Lots of these black stipe camos have the black painted straight onto the original base paint ( like Aaron's example below ). I also don't think your camo shows any sign of the net having been on it . The net must have gained all its wear sitting on a different helmet IMO.

So now that I have put my head above the parapet, who wants to take a shot ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MKII faint camouflage  

?

The helmet and net just came together, there was no draw string to the net so wasn’t a matching pair . Hence why I didn’t put the helmet and net together on original pic . If they had been an item I wouldn’t have split them. I paid £16 so what ever it turns out to be I did ok. As I originally said I only bought it for the early net. Just thought paint looked interesting when I cleaned it up. Collecting British helmets is getting a bit paranoid like collecting German lids with contrived paint schemes and helmet net shadows. It was just a cheapy .

SMP
    ?

OK , thanks for the extra info, You got a bargain for sure !

?

The inside is perfect, but I would not be happy with the outside paint, which is a shame. For the money paid, a bargain.