Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

British MkIII helmet color

Article about: Hello all, I have had a few questions on the color of British MkIII helmets. I know many are seen with a factory brown textured paint. I have also seen them in a flat green textured paint. I

Default British MkIII helmet color

Hello all, I have had a few questions on the color of British MkIII helmets. I know many are seen with a factory brown textured paint. I have also seen them in a flat green textured paint. I was wondering if the green was factory done and if so are the green helmets earlier or later than the brown colored helmets? Or were they produced side by side? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Justin

-edit-

?

Hi Justin, a bit deja vous.
    First Mk3's were painted khaki green, then dark brown, post war olive drab.
    Sometimes they were just over painted olive drab post war, sometimes the helmets were stripped then painted smooth OD.
    First two pics khaki green & dark brown, then khaki green, post war olive drab.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MkIII helmet color   British MkIII helmet color  

British MkIII helmet color   British MkIII helmet color  

Here are pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MkIII helmet color   British MkIII helmet color  

Hello Aaron thanks again for the pictures and email correspondents. The one I posted I am 50/50 about just like you. I just wanted to check with others before I pull the trigger on this one. I have been wanting one that has an original green finish and not a postwar one. This one I feel like it may have it's original wartime finish but I am still on the fence about it. - Justin