Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Paratrooper Helmet?

Article about: The paint looks original khaki green paint as used up until 1943/44. But I know what you mean about the yellow rubber, the Dutch I think used yellow rubber post war. The yellow rubber on the

Default British Paratrooper Helmet?

Hi Mates,

I'm looking into buying this helmet, however Im a bit unsure if its 100% original. The liner itself looks ok with the BMB stamp and dated 1943, but the yellow rubber parts doesnt look right to me.

In this thread: British paratrooper helmet some of you guys suggest that the dutch or israelis used yellow rubber parts, but does anyone know if this is an original original wwII liner?

British Paratrooper Helmet?British Paratrooper Helmet?British Paratrooper Helmet?British Paratrooper Helmet?British Paratrooper Helmet?

Cheers!
    Mads

?

Default Re: British Paratrooper Helmet?

The yellow rubber looks fine but this helmet looks like it is one of the Australian conversions. There should be leather straps on this type of HSAT, the Aussies replaced them with the later webbing chin straps.
    Most agree that this was done post war, so if you want an untouched WW2 issue HSAT I would steer clear unless you can pick it up cheap.

?

2nd pattern shell (1943 - 4 hole) converted to take the 3rd pattern web strap type liner ... (hole drilled between the two original leather strap fixing holes at rear of helmet.)

Noticing that the BMB liner is dated 1943, (British Manufacture), the web strap assembly could be a post war mod.

Yellow sorbo on a 43 liner is fine .... (Check to see if the original holes in the helmet at the back also are drilled through the alluminium band of the liner ring).

Gary J.

Thanks, Im well aware that untouched ones are quite expensive, but would 200 euros for this one be too much?

Edit:

How are chances to find a fitting wwII era leather strap?

cheers
    Mads

?

200 Euros is quite cheap, leather straps do turn up now & again but might set you back £200-£300.

?

Agreed ! ..... Leather original straps on their own are difficult to find ... and pricey !!!

Quote by tinlid View Post
    200 Euros is quite cheap, leather straps do turn up now & again but might set you back £200-£300.

Thanks for advise. I'll pass on this one.

not wanting to go against the above comments but for some reason right or wrong i believe this is israeli ,james

?

Hi James, Not to sure what an Israeli para helmet looks like but the helmet above is classic MkI 1943 made HSAT but with the webbing chin strap alteration. Australia were the main culprits in doing this among others, did the Isreali's do the same as well.
    Aaron

hi Aaron i believe they did make chin strap alterations and im only basing my theory its israeli on the shell and liner foam colourations thanks james

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast