MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

British Police steel Helmet?

Article about: I have this in my collection. I am unsure of the model or date. Also I have never ever seen one of these..... Any help would be appreciated.

Default British Police steel Helmet?

I have this in my collection. I am unsure of the model or date.

Also I have never ever seen one of these.....

Any help would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Police steel Helmet?   British Police steel Helmet?  

British Police steel Helmet?  

Default Re: Police Helmet?

It is a police issued Mk III British helmet, not sure about the date though.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Why were the police issued them? Public Order operations?

It was probably issued to the police post-war, that happened with a lot of helmet, for example there have been times where the American M1 helmet has been painted red and issued to the Fire Department. It could have the original green colour under the blue paint.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

?

I have the same helmet and on the webbing there should be a tab that says "lift" and underneath it gives a maker and date.

Default Re: British Police steel Helmet?

Its a MK.1V helmet with a MK.111 liner and MK1V chin strap from the 1950s its part of cold war Civil Defence if it had become a hot war the police would have been using these as in WW11 they used the MK.11 helmet.