Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Tanker Helmet impulse buy

Article about: Well, I woke up from a nap and got on the eBay and coincidentally this helmet was posted 2 minutes ago! I just knew I had to buy it for \\$200. Seller is from New Zealand. Hopefully this was a

?

Default British Tanker Helmet impulse buy

Well, I woke up from a nap and got on the eBay and coincidentally this helmet was posted 2 minutes ago! I just knew I had to buy it for $200.
    Seller is from New Zealand. Hopefully this was a good decision I would think that it is
    British Tanker Helmet impulse buyBritish Tanker Helmet impulse buyBritish Tanker Helmet impulse buyBritish Tanker Helmet impulse buyBritish Tanker Helmet impulse buyBritish Tanker Helmet impulse buyBritish Tanker Helmet impulse buyBritish Tanker Helmet impulse buyBritish Tanker Helmet impulse buyBritish Tanker Helmet impulse buyBritish Tanker Helmet impulse buy

?

Default Re: British Tanker Helmet impulse buy

But is it British? maybe Canadian perhaps?

?

I saw this one too, it's British as the label states. Helmets Ltd made the first Mk1 liners for the Mk2 helmet, Wheathampstead is in Hertfordshire England.
    Have seen a few which have been painted like yours, very nice.

?

Nice find, congrats.

?

The condition makes me believe that it may have not ever been used? the sweatband looks to have no sweat stain on it and the outer paint, rather intact. Or do they always seem this way... or it just faded to time.

?

I know the seller said they were used by the Kiwi's in Italy, I've never seen a picture of these being used in combat by any nation, just being used in training in their own Country, until someone has a picture to prove it. So as it's been repainted I would have thought it did get used, but probably only in training.