Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

british turtle mkIV

Article about: here's my latest pickup ,this turtle has the mk5 liner but is unfortunately missing the nylon sock and elasticated chinstrap also one section of the fibre frame is missing im hoping spare pa

Default british turtle mkIV

here's my latest pickup ,this turtle has the mk5 liner but is unfortunately missing the nylon sock and elasticated chinstrap also one section of the fibre frame is missing im hoping spare parts might become available in the future to complete it ,ive looked really hard for the maker stamp but cant find it ,the insides have had a good thick textured paint applied more apparent than on the outside shell which seems unusual ,it came with this net and scrim cover so im showing it as it was found ,ive heard all sort of manner of cammo was used to disguise the outline but i would be interested to hear your thoughts on the authenticity of this two tone scrim ,ive always been led to believe such scrim was never applied to them ,also i show my other favorite hessian/scrimmed turtle of which i am in no doubt of its authenticity ,i welcome your comments british turtle mkIVbritish turtle mkIVbritish turtle mkIVbritish turtle mkIVbritish turtle mkIVbritish turtle mkIVbritish turtle mkIVbritish turtle mkIVbritish turtle mkIVbritish turtle mkIVbritish turtle mkIVbritish turtle mkIVbritish turtle mkIVbritish turtle mkIVbritish turtle mkIV
    Regards James

?

Love the net and scrim James I see these come up for sale here at the flea markets on occasion quite cheap I will keep my eyes open for some spare parts for you.
    And James I also have a Mk IV with the two tone vehicle type scrim under the camo net.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture british turtle mkIV   british turtle mkIV  

many thanks mark and thank you for keeping a look out for parts ,i really like your example especially with the net over scrim combo ,very nice and cheers for showing mate
    Regards James

Hello James , I have not seen one those scrim turtles for quite a while. I think it will not be long before they rocket up in price! Thanks for showing, Leon.

many thanks leon come to think of it your right i too havent noticed many of them of late on the surplus market ,perhaps collectors are hanging onto them longer and realising they are worth keeping ,id like to know what the int sect means on the fibre liner support any idea mate ,cheers james
    Regards James

The only thing that springs to mind James is Intelligence Section, but why would you write that where it cannot be seen? Leon.

sounds good to me leon as to its location i too wonder why on the reverse side along with the other names
    Regards James

a small update ,mark your example inspired me to try a similar look ,i simply just flipped the netting over and hey presto ,the outline of the shell is now much more noticeablebritish turtle mkIVbritish turtle mkIVbritish turtle mkIV
    Regards James

?

A slightly more subdued look to the camo now but still quite effective in my opinion .

Top notch James.

Regards Mark

Nice setup James,all looks good to me Bud,luv the S6,nearly had one last week,not too sure where it would fit in with my type of collecting,but its just one of them things that I just happen to like,anyway great images of an iconic British Army age..............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast