Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

British ww1 AND ww2 helmet????

Article about: Hey guys, I really think this helmet is cool, IF its real. So, can you guys help prove whether its real or fake? It's described as a US made ww1 helmet, which was later painted a tan brown s

Default British ww1 AND ww2 helmet????

Hey guys,

I really think this helmet is cool, IF its real. So, can you guys help prove whether its real or fake? It's described as a US made ww1 helmet, which was later painted a tan brown sand colour, and used in the desert during ww2. Apparently it was "oiled" by the user which gave it a muddled look. Please tell m any thoughts. The asking price is $125 US dollars. I've been saving up some money and maybe I'll buy this

British ww1 AND ww2 helmet????British ww1 AND ww2 helmet????British ww1 AND ww2 helmet????British ww1 AND ww2 helmet????British ww1 AND ww2 helmet????

Default Re: British ww1 AND ww2 helmet????

I would pass on this one. Use of WW1 helmets by frontline British units was highly unusual.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Very unlikley that it is a WWII used helmet but it doesn't mean it is faked. I have a US M17 used by the Israelis, they used anyhting they could get in the early days of the state. It think it's a bit over priced, there are cleaner examples of M17s about for around $100.
    Steve.

That is an excellent point Steve. Possible post war use never even entered my head as it is outside of my interests.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The paint looks very similar to paint that I have seen on Israeli M1 helmets.

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    Very unlikley that it is a WWII used helmet but it doesn't mean it is faked. I have a US M17 used by the Israelis, they used anyhting they could get in the early days of the state. It think it's a bit over priced, there are cleaner examples of M17s about for around $100.
    Steve.
    I would definitely second this opinion, there are much nicer examples around for the price, even on places like ebay

Rob

Thanks guys, glad I asked. Too bad its not real I've always liked desert stuff, since my great uncle, George Piercy, fought there.