Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

British ww2 combat helmet?

Article about: Hello! I´m looking for a British ww2 combat helmet, not home front, (I guess MK2), what should I look out for? What can you say about the one below on sale? The owner has about six of them,

Default British ww2 combat helmet?

Hello! I´m looking for a British ww2 combat helmet, not home front, (I guess MK2), what should I look out for? What can you say about the one below on sale? The owner has about six of them, all about the same condition

I now have a German M35, an American M1, buck lacking a British one

Any sellers that you could recommend?
    Attached Images Attached Images British ww2 combat helmet?  British ww2 combat helmet?  British ww2 combat helmet? 

Default Re: British ww2 combat helmet?

I cannot recommend any sellers.

The helmet shown looks OK. The paint on the top looks in better condition than the rest of the helmet. This may have been due to it being stacked for long term storage one on top of the other. (Just confirm this is the case with the seller and that the top is not repainted or anything.)

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi, This seller quite regulary sells about 5-6 helmets at a time, they are in about average condition. You can find better ones, what to look out for.
    Large fixing nut & bolt if it is before about 1941, after that time they used the MkIII smaller fixing. The one you show on ebay has a non military type. Also make sure there are no holes drilled in the brim of the helmet, this donates sub standard helmet, to only be used by civilians.These range from 1 hole-4 holes, I'll add some pics so you can see what to look out for.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British ww2 combat helmet?   British ww2 combat helmet?  

British ww2 combat helmet?   British ww2 combat helmet?  

British ww2 combat helmet?  

Thanks Ade and tinlid

tinlid, is this a military type of fixing, the MkIII smaller fixing below?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British ww2 combat helmet?   British ww2 combat helmet?  

Found one with the larger fixing too.. I´ve asked for better pictures of the paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images British ww2 combat helmet?  British ww2 combat helmet? 

?

Hi, It's hard to tell wether it is the MkIII nut & bolt, or the civilian type one,although the nut looks correct. This helmet is the raw edge BMB one, so think this was not for military use. As for the paint on the other one, the paint looks a different colour inside to outside, so who knows? could just be the light.
    Aaron