Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British WW2 Fibre Rim Para Helmet

Article about: A few snaps of my BMB 1942 Fibre rim para helmet. (By the way ... it's not for sale !) Gary J.

?

Default British WW2 Fibre Rim Para Helmet

A few snaps of my BMB 1942 Fibre rim para helmet.
    (By the way ... it's not for sale !)

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British WW2 Fibre Rim Para Helmet   British WW2 Fibre Rim Para Helmet  

British WW2 Fibre Rim Para Helmet   British WW2 Fibre Rim Para Helmet  

?

Default Re: British WW2 Fibre Rim Para Helmet

looks fantastic gary , how did you come across it , and how long have you owned it ?

cheers al

?

Al,
    I've had the helmet about 2 years now.
    .. I took advantage of the weak dollar back then (£1.00 GBP to more or less $2.00), and scoured the internet in America / Canada.
    This one was the only one I could find, .. and it turned out to be an above average example.
    Paint is good ... straps and stitching are good ... no dings or stress fractures ...

.. All in all a good piece ..

Gary J.

Hi Gary, that is a superb example of what is one of the most desirable and sought after WW2 British helmets. Prices on these continue to rise all the time.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks for the comments ..
    .. As Ade knows, I waited (probably) too many years before taking the plunge and buying a fibre rim ....
    .. But I wanted a good clean example that was not worn out and bashed/rusted up.

Again, the condition of this one is just about as good as you can expect .. except for a mint unissued one (If one exists somewhere).

.. Well, price wise ... lets just say it has more or less doubled in value due to the massive upsurge in British Airborne items !

Gary J.

I like this earlier version with formed shape to the chincup. I will have to take some pics of mine to show on the forum. The ones I have are not great. But is is featured in "the book"

I was very lucky and bought mine about 15 years ago now at a show from a Vet. But these were items he had simply picked up in service just post war 1946 - 47. Helmet, Third pattern FS knife, .38 Enfield revolver and holster, and a 1943 book called "Parachutist".

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ahhhh .... "THE BOOK" !! ... again it's ugly head surfaces !!

[QUOTE=Adrian Stevenson;46535] ...featured in "the book"

SMP
    ?

Fantastic helmet, Gary.
    Came from Canada...right ? You did the right thing buying it when you did. Fibre-rims are highly collectable and expensive now. It is about time collectors of British helmets realised how rare good ones really are.

Congratulations !

Steve

SMP
    ?

BTW I picked this one up last week
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British WW2 Fibre Rim Para Helmet  

?

Steve, ..
    Yes Canada !!! .. and I think you know where from !!! (But no where near the price it was advertised for )

.. Also ... Nice lid !!! ..
    Was it the one that got pulled early off ebay from Norway/Sweden ?

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by SMP View Post
    Fantastic helmet, Gary.
    Came from Canada...right ? You did the right thing buying it when you did. Fibre-rims are highly collectable and expensive now. It is about time collectors of British helmets realised how rare good ones really are.

Congratulations !

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast