Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British WW2 Helmet #2. Is it Paratroopers?

Article about: I'd swap this for it!!! http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attic-...63/?highlight= Not quite a 18th century Scottish Basket Hilt Sword!

Default British WW2 Helmet #2. Is it Paratroopers?

Hi Forum.
    I am not a collector of WW2, I really only collect Weaponry.
    This Helmet was bought into my friends shop last week along with the other Helmet Ive just posted.
    So the question is, is it a Paratroopers or Motorcyclists?
    Ive read various other posts and I think it is a Paratroopers, however would value some feedback.
    I will also add pictures if required.
    Many thanks in anticipation.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British WW2 Helmet #2.  Is it Paratroopers?   British WW2 Helmet #2.  Is it Paratroopers?  

British WW2 Helmet #2.  Is it Paratroopers?   British WW2 Helmet #2.  Is it Paratroopers?  

British WW2 Helmet #2.  Is it Paratroopers?   British WW2 Helmet #2.  Is it Paratroopers?  

?

Default Re: British WW2 Helmet #2. Is it Paratroopers?

Yes looks like a nice G&S made para helmet, dated 1943. How much does he want for it?
    Aaron

Hes asked me to clarify exactly what it was and so as of yet he hasnt told me a price.
    I am looking for a 18th century Scottish Basket Hilt Sword if anyone has one!!

Quote by paddyrat View Post
    Hes asked me to clarify exactly what it was and so as of yet he hasnt told me a price.
    I am looking for a 18th century Scottish Basket Hilt Sword if anyone has one!!
    Are you going to tell him? I would say it was a post-war motorcyclists hemet, pay him $50, grab the helmet and RUN LIKE HELL

Rob

I will tell him, the shop does provide me with the odd Sword coming through its door so I wont be trying to rip him off.

?

Well said Paddy, Im somewhat surprised by Robs comments, in his words "Bad form", i daresay you and your friend will be able to strike a reasonable deal on this very nice Para lid without any underhanded dealings especially when dealing with a friend

Quote by davejb View Post
    Well said Paddy, Im somewhat surprised by Robs comments, in his words "Bad form", i daresay you and your friend will be able to strike a reasonable deal on this very nice Para lid without any underhanded dealings especially when dealing with a friend
    Someone lost his rattle in the crib somewhere I think. Sorry about that, I promise I won't make any more jokes, I don't want to get banned for having a sense of humour.

Rob

NCA
    ?

Thumbs up Re: British WW2 Helmet #2. Is it Paratroopers?

That is one nice para lid with leather chinstraps.I think these show up alot less than the ones with webbing chinstraps.
    I can only dream of the day someone brings one of these to me for sale!

Value?£500?£600?more?......

?

I love a sense of humour Rob, i m one of the guys who try to make light out of everything, but normally if i make a comment like that i would follow it with a LOL, it can be construed as a serious remark as our member did and replied, plus i dont have a rattle ive got a hanging mobile and the batteries have run down
    cheers Dave

?

Quote by NCA View Post
    That is one nice para lid with leather chinstraps.I think these show up alot less than the ones with webbing chinstraps.
    I can only dream of the day someone brings one of these to me for sale!

Value?£500?£600?more?......
    I wish I could buy one at that price, a G&S would probably go for £1200- £1500 if not a bit more. Rob, that's exactly what I would have said & like you with a twinkle in your eyes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast