Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

British WWII helmets with a red X?

Article about: Do you have some informations about a british WWII era helmet with 2 red X on it? I found it in a english trench in Salerno battlefield. Any informations will be welcome! Thanks.

Default British WWII helmets with a red X?

Do you have some informations about a british WWII era helmet with 2 red X on it? I found it in a english trench in Salerno battlefield. Any informations will be welcome! Thanks.

Default Re: British WWII helmets with a red X?

Quote by Salerno1943 View Post
    Do you have some informations about a british WWII era helmet with 2 red X on it? I found it in a english trench in Salerno battlefield. Any informations will be welcome! Thanks.
    Could you be more specific? Do you mean a decal or painted flash on the side of the helmet, or red Xs painted on? Could you post a picture?

Rob

20......something? 20 corps etc. Could be a Scottish regiment too I suppose. Any pics?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    20......something? 20 corps etc. Could be a Scottish regiment too I suppose. Any pics?
    I was thinking that the Lancashire Fusiliers are known to have used a flash of two white Xs on a red rectangle as a badge, although its use and which battalion is not clear. They were the 20th Foot Regiment before 1881, hence XX.

Rob

The helmet have 2 painted red X, 1 for each side. Any X is high about 6 centimeter.

?

Photos of any sort would help greatly.

Cheers.
    Nitram

Quote by Salerno1943 View Post
    The helmet have 2 painted red X, 1 for each side. Any X is high about 6 centimeter.
    Lincolnshire Regiment perhaps? They have a history of using a red X as a symbol. I will see what I can find...

Rob

Because it was find in a place whre fought also Commandos I believe it can be of 3 Troop???