Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Brodie Helmet

Article about: Hey friends! I've just got this helmet in, unfortunately date, stamps etc, are painted over, only few traces of it left. To me it looks like it could have been used in the North Africa Theat

Default Brodie Helmet

Hey friends!

I've just got this helmet in, unfortunately date, stamps etc, are painted over, only few traces of it left.

To me it looks like it could have been used in the North Africa Theatre, but Im not sure at all.

Anyone who can tell me more about it?

Brodie HelmetBrodie HelmetBrodie HelmetBrodie HelmetBrodie HelmetBrodie HelmetBrodie Helmet

rgds
    Mads

?

Default Re: Brodie Helmet

Looks to be a Mk2 .. with economy size nut and bolt for liner fixing ... therefore approx 1941 onwards I would guess at.

Gary J.

?

A standard army/ home guard MkII with gritty non reflective paint which are not as easy to get as you would think. Because of the faded nature of the paint it does give it a desert sort of look but it probably did'nt get there.
    Aaron

very nice just how i like them,regards minnie.

Thanks for the answers.

If someone has a helmet that saw action in the dessert I would love to see some photos.

rgds
    Mads
    Last edited by Shadwellarmy; 09-01-2012 at 12:41 AM.

?

Here's one Mads. Desert tan under the rough green overpaint. This one has been about a bit! Battered, tattered and half knackered, but safe now!
    Link to thread:
    Old War Horse-My Latest Pickup

And a minty South African made one that has probably never seen action.
    Brit Lids

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brodie Helmet   Brodie Helmet  

Brodie Helmet  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Finally got the opportunity to buy a desert helmet, however the seller wants 130 pounds for it, a bit much in my head, but I don't know what these helmets usually are going for, so any advice? (by the way, the helmet is in good condition).

rgds
    Mads