Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brodie ID please

Article about: Can anyone help with any info this Brodie helmet I picked up this week, I haven't managed to take the net cover off yet because it is tight and I cannot undo the small not in the hessian str

Default Brodie ID please

Can anyone help with any info this Brodie helmet I picked up this week, I haven't managed to take the net cover off yet because it is tight and I cannot undo the small not in the hessian string.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brodie ID please   Brodie ID please  

Brodie ID please  

Liner appears top be WWI, though the chinstrap lugs look odd and are not WWI British or US, I think. The net looks WWII or later. How is the liner attached at the top, rivetted or screw/bolt?

Perhaps a put together or a refurb.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Just looks like a split pin with a flat head, how early is the liner I do have a rimless helmet with no liner.

z4

?

Looks to be a ww2 British helmet and net, the liner I'm not sure about. Either a ww1 liner or post ww1, or maybe it's a ww2 private purchase liner.

?

Does the liner have a rubber ring under the felt or a red patent stamp under the black lining? Both are typical for a MKI liner.

Tony

Picture of the stamp, there is no rubber ring.

z4.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brodie ID please  

Would this liner be the right one for a rimless helmet I have, see link.
    British helmet, id?

...kinda looks like a good liner....and good helmet......but from different wars.....but what do I know....

?

If there's no rubber ring and no sign of the ring being removed then it should be a pre-May/June 1917 manufactured liner.

I've never owned or handled a proper rimless WWI British helmet but thought they had a 6 leaf liner.

That net has to come off to see what's going on underneath, or is it fragile? An old soldier may have used his more 'comfortable' (my opinion only) WWI liner in a private purchase WWII helmet or maybe he was home guard. Who knows when the net was added but signs of aging might be visible on the shell.

Tony

Couple of pictures with the net removed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brodie ID please   Brodie ID please  

Brodie ID please  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast