Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brodie MK2 helmet with unknown insigna

Article about: Hello friends of militaria, I found this brodie MK2 example on ebay kleinanzeigen last week for little money and I am not shure about that The heat stamp was overpainted and I dont want remo

Default Brodie MK2 helmet with unknown insigna

Hello friends of militaria,
    I found this brodie MK2 example on ebay kleinanzeigen last week for little money and I am not shure about that
    The heat stamp was overpainted and I dont want remove them ,because it was damaged enough
    The liner is Made by CCL but the date is not visible anymore(19??)
    The sign on the helmet is yellow with a red spear on it
    The strap is made from canvas and is not stamped and the top rivet was replaced
    It not seem to be self made because the colour of the decal and blue overpaint were very old
    I am need your expertsknowledge to identify it
    Im thankful for all information about it
    Best regards
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brodie MK2 helmet with unknown insigna   Brodie MK2 helmet with unknown insigna  

Brodie MK2 helmet with unknown insigna   Brodie MK2 helmet with unknown insigna  

post war Irish issue
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hello
    Thanks for the comment
    The only I dont understand is that the
    Liner is Marked CCL and in a thread I saw that it was only made from 1939-45 and the second is that I found it in germany
    Nothing come here without a story
    The seller said he has found it in the cellar and it comes from Mainz in Rheinland-Pfalz were the british were stationed
    I think this make sense
    The chinstrap was added by him to the helmet
    Regards
    Bavarian

Helmet liner’s are often marked like your to hide the actual date...usually when a dealer is selling a non-war time liner as war time. The presence of one country’s helmet in another country shouldn’t be a surprise nowadays

Hello
    You are right
    I bought it from a private person like 99% of my Helmets, not from a dealer
    The helmet was complete dirty as it was delivered today and it was untouched
    I think I can read on this field were the stamp is CCL TTC 1941
    On the picture it is not so good visible and very hard to take a picture from this
    Regards
    Bavarian

News To the Helmet!!!
    I found the Heatstamp but it is unreadable
    I found too rests of an Southfront/Africa camoflage on it
    All that for 35€ include shipping (I am Happy)
    See to the pictures
    Enjoy it

Best regards
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brodie MK2 helmet with unknown insigna   Brodie MK2 helmet with unknown insigna  

none of the above stops it being a wartime British helmet reused post war by the Irish army, anything else is just a story
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hello
    I found the proof here
    When I wet the helmet, the south front color is even better to see
    and on the left side are still some flashes rests
    To check the sand color, I have my 1942 made UDF helmet added that was painted with this color and what surprise it was the same colour the punching is unfortunately only the 1940 to read
    I think this was evidience enough for that this helmet was used before in WW2
    The chinstrap I added and the MK4 strap is on my MK4
    Best Regards
    Bavarian

Brodie MK2 helmet with unknown insigna  

Hello
    Have someone the same opinion to this?
    Make this sence that it was used in WW2 and after that it was sent to Ireland?
    Regards
    Bavarian

Everything Jerry says makes sense - always.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast