Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Brtish paratrooper helmet

Article about: hello everyone, I'm throwing myself at the mercy of the community on this one. I bought this fully thinking it is original WWII, but once I got it in hand, I'm not so sure. It has a powerful

Default Brtish paratrooper helmet

Brtish paratrooper helmetBrtish paratrooper helmetBrtish paratrooper helmetBrtish paratrooper helmetBrtish paratrooper helmetBrtish paratrooper helmetBrtish paratrooper helmetBrtish paratrooper helmetBrtish paratrooper helmet
    hello everyone,
    I'm throwing myself at the mercy of the community on this one. I bought this fully thinking it is original WWII, but once I got it in hand, I'm not so sure. It has a powerful musty smell, the shell is non-magnetic (which I've heard is a good thing) and it matches a few later war examples I have seen online. However, it lacks any markings that are commonly seen on other examples. I could really use some helpful tips here, in case I need to return it. I also read that the IDF used a very similar style post-WWII

Please return it.

It is a put together item. Liner and shell do not belong together.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Could be a Danish used post war put together helmet

Quote by kradman View Post
    Could be a Danish used post war put together helmet
    Yes, it has many of the characteristics of that. If so, then it is something rather harder to find than a simple UK para helmet. I wouldn't be disappointed with that at all. I guess it depends on what you *want* and how much you paid for it. I'd say it's an interesting thing. Definately is NOT a UK para of any vintage, tho.

if you're after a Brit WW2 para helmet I'm pretty sure that's NOT one.....I don't like the cruciform crown pad or the pop-rivets attaching the liner to the shell. As young Kradders suggests, it could be another nation's lid...Belgium, Israel, Switzerland, Denmark etc all used old ex-Brit ones and/or made their own...and some of 'em could be old by now and grubby like yours....but I'm quietly confident that isn't ALL as it was or as it's claimed to be. Sorry.

There'll be experts along shortly...but I fear they'll say similar.

These post war Danish conversions sell for between £100-200, WWII british para lids even if post war used start at £300-400
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Interesting...so, depending on the price paid, perhaps worth hanging onto in it's own right....assuming one is a World Helmet collector.....maybe????

What's actually worrying me about this is the cruciform crown pad - it looks like it is bolt-in type but clearly there's no bolt on the outside. And no obvious LTD signs on the outside either. Glued in? That would be *wrong* for anything. I'm starting to think Adrian S is right and this may not be Danish after all and just a collecton of parts. Hmm.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    These post war Danish conversions sell for between £100-200
    Do you have a source for these then? I'm interested in them.

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    What's actually worrying me about this is the cruciform crown pad - it looks like it is bolt-in type but clearly there's no bolt on the outside. And no obvious LTD signs on the outside either. Glued in? That would be *wrong* for anything. I'm starting to think Adrian S is right and this may not be Danish after all and just a collecton of parts. Hmm.

Do you have a source for these then? I'm interested in them.
    There was one on ebay within the last two months, a buy it now for £100. I check ebay for para airborne helmets every day, it obviously went quickly,but I have seen others for nearer £200 but not too often. If I see another I'll let you know
    Regards,

Jerry

Cant get the link to work,illr try layer with my laptop
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast