MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.

Article about: Camouflage: A design of patches of dull colours (such as browns & greens) as used in military camouflage. An standard army Mk2 with textured paint, with a swathe of black paint across it

Here's another camo.
    Shell is dated 1941, and liner BMB 1940.
    Came directly from the family.

Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.

?

Looks to have 3 or maybe 4 different colours, & had an large sized net as well.

Not seen one like this before, interesting if it has a history with it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Not seen one like this before, interesting if it has a history with it.
    That's what this one needs in my opinion Jerry, a rock solid provenance as it is not of a type I have ever come across either. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    That's what this one needs in my opinion Jerry, a rock solid provenance as it is not of a type I have ever come across either. Leon.
    Yes, obviously you gathered my meaning Leon, looks nice but perhaps too different for most of us. The poster said it came from the family but even that is not a 100% certain provenance these days IMFO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Yes, obviously you gathered my meaning Leon, looks nice but perhaps too different for most of us. The poster said it came from the family but even that is not a 100% certain provenance these days IMFO.
    I'm not sure if I'm even bothered to provide better photos or the story with these kind of replies; that seem to be rule of thumb rather than the exception to the rule.

?

Reinout since you first posted this helm over at the Society of Military Artifact Preservation page on facebook on the tenth I have been waiting for you to post more details as you claimed it to be a true wood work find but as of yet have not included any form of provanance even in the form of were the helmet was found and or how it came into your possession such as did you find it or did it find you ?
    You have to admit it is a very bold camo scheme and a helmet such as this needs to be really backed up with more details the lack of any real ware to the dome ,rim and or any form of scuffing and or marks on the helmet body does point to this example never being worn in the field of operations the sand texturing even appears to still be very rough in nature.
    It does appear to me that the net was very large in nature I am of the opinion it may have been an early US Dennison or at least a net like it and that it was applied to the helmet body while the paint was still wet.
    Was the net not still on it at the time of purchase ?
    On the norm I am very open minded when it comes to camo and field repaints and think that an unusual example such as this would indeed draw skepticism from other collectors as it is IMO not a one looker so the onice has to fall on you to be able to proove some sort of lineage and provanance and make believers out of the rest of us.
    To be quite honest if I seen this camo for sale in a small shop and or in the market place I would stop and examine it as it is an interesting example ( and as you know I love camos I have a few wartime and post war examples in my collection ) but unless it was priced accordingly I would very probably put it back down .
    So as to not be taken out of context and or misconstrued this is meant with respect from a fellow helmet collectors point of view so there is no reason to get on the defensive here .
    I am trying to look at this camo from an experianced collectors point of view as if for seeing it for the first time and I was a potential buyer.

Regards Mark

Wow! what nice and unique allied helmets here. Thank you all for sharing.

Tyler

This si my mkII "Salerno camo"

?

My desert camo to add to this interesting thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.  

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast