Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.

Article about: Camouflage: A design of patches of dull colours (such as browns & greens) as used in military camouflage. An standard army Mk2 with textured paint, with a swathe of black paint across it

Where's this from my friend?

?

I lifted it off the net sometime last year, dammed if I can remember from where.

Hi, about repainted helmets, this one was found near Florence. Seems it once had the rim; Grenadiers?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.   Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.  

Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.   Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.  

?

You can see where the rim once was. Would the red/blue have an artillery connection?
    Thanks for showing.

Hi Aaron; I've searched on the web, but with no results. The grenade could belong to Grenadiers and Fusiliers, and actually both Rgt's fought in Italy. But if connected to some Artillery branch, doesn't the red/blue should be vertical? 🤔

?

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.
    I am not Jealous at all really I am not...

Regards Mark

?

great piece about repainting helmets Aarron, here is one Camo I own, shell made by Austin, I believe this was a tan factory finish by them? (over the original green finish)
    Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.
    Last edited by JohnF; 05-24-2017 at 03:00 PM.

?

Up until sometime in 1941 standard army Mk2's were painted smooth khaki green inside and textured khaki green on the outside. So not an camo.

?

Here is a Home guard helmet to add to the thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.   Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.  

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast