Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.

Article about: Camouflage: A design of patches of dull colours (such as browns & greens) as used in military camouflage. An standard army Mk2 with textured paint, with a swathe of black paint across it

Quote by tinlid View Post
    You can see where the rim once was. Would the red/blue have an artillery connection?
    Thanks for showing.
    No mate, the horizontal red and blue = Household Division therefore The regiments of footguards, as in this case with The Grenadier Guards and the Household Cavalry ie The life Guards and The Blues and Royals (nowadays the same regiment - The Household Cavalry Regint (Lifeguards and Blue and Royals).

All the regiments of the Household Division wear the same stable belt and Tactical Recognition Flash (TRF) in the same colours.

Regards

Mark

Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

That's great you have found out what that flash was, and pretty dammed rare I bet too.

I should add my raw edge Aussie Mk 2 'splodge' cammo......

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.   Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.  

Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.   Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I need one of these in my collection. Really nice helmet

?

Dan, any idea where this camo was used, or who owned it.
    Thank you for adding.

Sorry, no story or provenance came with it but it certainly has age to it and i would love to know too!!

Cheers Dan

Default Australian camo

Hello, have enjoyed looking at the helmets posted. i especially liked the helmets posted by, Wizardman and Danmark.
    Here is my Australian Raw Edge Camo, 1942 Dated.
    One of the Photos show it with 3 NZ camo and overpaints.
    Regards
    markCamouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.  

Very cool Mark. Makes you wonder what theatre they were used - yours looks quite the Mediterranean type.

Cheers, Dan

I hope this doesn't come across as patronising.......but thank you sooooooo much for posting pics of your lids against a NEUTRAL background....so many pics posted, particularly of camo'd items, are taken in front of camo net or even vegetation....the subject of the photographs are the ITEMS...not the bl**dy Clematis (it's a plant...not a lady part!). I wish all other Posters will take a leaf (no pun intended) from your book and snap their items making them clearly visible...and not try to conceal them against stuff which is designed solely to conceal stuff!!!

...and yes, I know this thread's about camouflage...but it's about the paint-jobs...not the background!!!

......and yes (again)...I'm old...and perhaps don't understand the importance of something looking "cool"...

........and yes (trice "yes"?).....I intend to get out more :-)

...and another thing....does anyone have any info about "rules" which may have applied to the camo-ing of Brit MkIII / IV / V lids? I've seen some black-on-green (sorry to be technical) recently and wonder of it was like the German tanks ie "here's your brown, here's your green, there's a brush...see you at the Christmas Party" or whether it was more....errrr...scientific / disciplined?

sorry if this thread is specific to MkIIs (is it?..cos I've also got questions about GW2 paintjobs.....)........ so if there's any ex-squaddies with black paint under their finger nails I'd love to hear more

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast