Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

can anyone I D this helmet please

Article about: I am truly shocked its rare,is there anywhere I can get it verified as to its purpose :- Ie airborne forces museum or somewhere...its just that I was going to let my ten year old daughter ta

Default can anyone I D this helmet please

Hello all Im new to the forum and need help ,I dont think im going to trouble anyone with hard questions but....what helmet is this
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture can anyone I D this helmet please   can anyone I D this helmet please  

can anyone I D this helmet please   can anyone I D this helmet please  

can anyone I D this helmet please  

Default Re: can anyone I D this helmet please

I think that is some kind of a experimental British Tankers helmet mate

?

I would go with British also something I have never seen before looks cool

The liner is identical in those were used for the para's and Dispatch Rider's helmets

Its always thrown me ,it is hard skinned but has very little padding ,except around the ears,and the cups over the ears are flexible rubber with cut outs at the bottom...and it is very very small..only just fitting my son and daughters young heads !

I have just noticed these markings.....a crown with A.M. underneath...then 22 0 1942 6 7/8
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture can anyone I D this helmet please  
    Last edited by northern monkey; 06-23-2013 at 08:29 PM.

I seem to remember my father mentioning ringway ? and para's ?...shame I didnt pick his brains more when he was alive...or listen properly when he was telling me things....he lived both in the manchester area and nelson in Lancashire (where he was born) and he was an engineer...he always used to tell me great stories of the local factories in nelson making landing craft/pontoons and small boats,then taking them straight to liverpool on the canal,full of munititions and coffin's....his mate from school's dad worked at castle cement in Clitheroe (where the concrete for the mulbery harbours was developed)...they used to be great sunday afternoon walks

Experimental glider pilots helmet I think and as it is marked AM that seems very likely and therefore a fairly rare, desirable and therefore expensive helmet.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Glider pilots helmet & very rare they are too.

If this was a glider pilots helmet would it have had a headset/intercom/mouthpiece/radio ?

Thats a new one on me. Really glad I have seen it. I am guessing the condition of yours can't really be beaten either Excellent helmet

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast