Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can you name some of the.........

Article about: I'm interested in knowing what are some of the rarest WW2 home front helmets? meaning party, organisation, job and so on. I have all the MK British standard Military issue helmets, but think

?

Default Can you name some of the.........

I'm interested in knowing what are some of the rarest WW2 home front helmets? meaning party, organisation, job and so on. I have all the MK British standard Military issue helmets, but thinking of moving on to home front helmets.

Cheers

SMP
    ?

Good question. I suspect Adrian will have a good idea.

Cleary a lot of small, regional organisations will have their own one-off helmets, so you could consider them very rare. IMO you also need to consider desirability, and for me there is only one " Holy Grail" of home front helmets - an original London AFS decaled helmet. I doubt there are many left.
    Attached Images Attached Images Can you name some of the......... 
    Last edited by SMP; 06-30-2017 at 09:46 PM.

?

Thanks for your reply

SMP
    ?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can you name some of the.........  

?

home guard also? as for me a rare one would be firing range ordnance officer with skull and crossbones on the front, I had one years ago and stupidly sold it, original net too

My advice would be to choose a service first...and then start collecting....there's thousands of variants...and some real sweet ones as you move up the seniority scale.....but they ain't cheap and nowadays they ain't all real either......

SMP
    ?

Quote by Composite View Post
    My advice would be to choose a service first...and then start collecting....there's thousands of variants...and some real sweet ones as you move up the seniority scale.....but they ain't cheap and nowadays they ain't all real either......
    Which one do you still want to find ?

Me?....on the basis that I find at least one new unseen (to me) one every week I'll never know.......

;-)

?

In an antiques shop near me there's a home front with "Water" on the front. Helmet is black and text is white, does anyone know what service or organisation would have used this? I've tried searching on Google and can't find anything.

If it's just "Water" it's almost certainly that of a Water Company, a Utility Company if you like, which would've almost certainly become a Repair Party as the conflict hotted up...and marked "RP/W" (Repair Party / Water). If it was plain black with the lettering it'll have been the hat of a hole-digger and spanner-turner....if it's white with lines on that guy would've been directing the digger or telling someone equally important how his chaps are doing.....

like this?

Can you name some of the.........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast