Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian 1940 dated G.S.W. Mk II

Article about: I was quite pleased to be able to add this 1940 dated Mk II to my collection earlier in the week the helmet body was produced by General Steel Wares (G.S.W.) steel lot batch C it is sporting

?

Default Canadian 1940 dated G.S.W. Mk II

I was quite pleased to be able to add this 1940 dated Mk II to my collection earlier in the week the helmet body was produced by General Steel Wares (G.S.W.) steel lot batch C it is sporting a 1940 dated VMC liner in a size 7 1/4 it looks to have been well used and has a nice deep rich patina about it.
    This was the last Canadian Mk II that I required in my collection to have full representation of every manufacturer by year of production including variations .
    The 1940 date G.S.W. has eluded me for some time now and for some reason they very seldom appears in the market place for sale all comments welcome .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian 1940 dated G.S.W. Mk II   Canadian 1940 dated G.S.W. Mk II  

Canadian 1940 dated G.S.W. Mk II   Canadian 1940 dated G.S.W. Mk II  

?

Just a little bump.

I like it I can never find a Canadian MKII I saw one one on ebay but I did not like how it had been reused by a re-enactor as a medic helmet.

?

I have been lucky enough to find a lot of my examples being sold out of the US on E-Bay and a good many of them are miss listed as British WW II helmets and or early US helmets .
    After looking at enough Canadian Mk II helmets there are a few tells that help one in telling them apart from there British and US cousins at a quick glance such as color,chinstraps, liners and clipped corners on the chinstrap retaining lugs all these can help one decide at a quick glance if he needs to look a little closer.

Regards Mark

Hi Mark. Congrats - always a good feeling to add
    that one final example. It looks to be a nice
    one at that.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks Steve your right it is a great feeling I am almost a little sad that the hunt is over though time to move on to Mk II's used by some of the other Commonwealth Nations and countries from around the world.
    I will always be on the hunt for other Canadian examples that are a little on the different side to add to the shelves

Regards Mark

Well "hunted down" Mark, a fine addition to your collection! Leon,

?

Thanx Leon I have my eye on a couple of other Canadian Mk II's right now as they are nice flashed examples but we shall see if the prices reach the point of stupidiam

Regards Mark