Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Canadian 1940 dated Mk II Police issued

Article about: Thought I would share one of my recent acquisitions this 1940 dated C.L./C. Mk II . It was a bit of a Gamble as there was no mention of the date on the liner so it is a bit of a mystery helm

?

Default Canadian 1940 dated Mk II Police issued

Thought I would share one of my recent acquisitions this 1940 dated C.L./C. Mk II .
    It was a bit of a Gamble as there was no mention of the date on the liner so it is a bit of a mystery helmet till It gets here.
    These Mk II's were issued to the police near the begging of the second world war I know police Mk II helmets are a fairly common civic lid in the UK but I very rarely see the Canadian variant in the market place for sale so it was a must helmet for the collection all and all a nice helmet and it will fit in rather well with my other Canadian civil Mk II lids.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cdn_mk_ii_hg17.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	620995   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cdn_mk_ii_hg172.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	620994  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cdn_mk_ii_hg173.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	620996   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cdn_mk_ii_hg174.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	620997  

Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

Hi Mark,

What a great Mk.II you've got there!

Thank you for posting.

Cheers!
    Taka

Nice one Mark.
    The liner and chin strap look to be in A1 condition. The liners tend to be a bit dry and crinkly(for want of a better word) on WW2 Australian made examples.
    She's a ripper mate.

Cheers

Dave

Congrats Mark!

Glad you had a pleasant surprise. I love when things work out! Nice looking helm.

Mark

?

Thanks Taka I have been on the hunt for one for some time now it can rest happily here among-st friends it's own age

Many thanks Gents I rather like it

Regards Mark K
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!