Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian 1940 dated Mk II Police issued

Article about: Thought I would share one of my recent acquisitions this 1940 dated C.L./C. Mk II . It was a bit of a Gamble as there was no mention of the date on the liner so it is a bit of a mystery helm

?

Default Canadian 1940 dated Mk II Police issued

Thought I would share one of my recent acquisitions this 1940 dated C.L./C. Mk II .
    It was a bit of a Gamble as there was no mention of the date on the liner so it is a bit of a mystery helmet till It gets here.
    These Mk II's were issued to the police near the begging of the second world war I know police Mk II helmets are a fairly common civic lid in the UK but I very rarely see the Canadian variant in the market place for sale so it was a must helmet for the collection all and all a nice helmet and it will fit in rather well with my other Canadian civil Mk II lids.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian 1940 dated Mk II Police issued   Canadian 1940 dated Mk II Police issued  

Canadian 1940 dated Mk II Police issued   Canadian 1940 dated Mk II Police issued  

Hi Mark,

What a great Mk.II you've got there!

Thank you for posting.

Cheers!
    Taka

Nice one Mark.
    The liner and chin strap look to be in A1 condition. The liners tend to be a bit dry and crinkly(for want of a better word) on WW2 Australian made examples.
    She's a ripper mate.

Cheers

Dave

Congrats Mark!

Glad you had a pleasant surprise. I love when things work out! Nice looking helm.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Thanks Taka I have been on the hunt for one for some time now it can rest happily here among-st friends it's own age

Many thanks Gents I rather like it

Regards Mark K