Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Canadian 1940 DATED MkII

Article about: So I take it 1940 was the first year they produced the Mk2 in Canada? Here's a 1941 dated one.

?

Thanks for the reply Taka I will have to look around some to see if I can find another example to compare it to.

Regards Mark K

Hi Mark,

I would like to own one as well, I really like CDN or other Tommy helmets.

I think I have one example which the liner has C ー> (As typed) on top outer part. Most of them are painted in big white sloppy regular C Broad and Arrow, or some in rather cleaner looking ones.

For the shell, I have one example with a black C Broad and Arrow still stamped inner top side of the lid (other examples might be bigger or smaller).

The engraving of your C Broad and Arrow example reminds me the same engravings on my CDN mess kits.

To bad my collections are in Japan right now, or I would like to share them here.

Cheers!
    Taka

?

I would love to see your collection when you have time please post what you can.
    Sorry for the short answer on my way to work we shall have to talk Canadian steel a little more as we have time it sounds like you have some interesting examples.

Regards Mark K

All I have are these two photos, which I bought them in one show at Japan, last year

For Common Wealth Steel Pots.

I think I now have about 5 ~ 6 CDN Mk.II, 2 British Mk.II, 1 Mk.III, 1 CDN Tanker, Two British Dispatchers. (I acquired them when I was in Calgary)

The Mk.II in the photo is to me a unique piece because the suspension system of the liner has an original "dull flat lime green" instead of the usual flat black, and it is dated 1945 (I've never seen another example like it).

Sorry, those are the closes photos I have.

Regards,
    Taka

?

A very nice collection indeed Taka I will make some further comments after work this this evening .
    Regards Mark K

?

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    All I have are these two photos, which I bought them in one show at Japan, last year

For Common Wealth Steel Pots.

I think I now have about 5 ~ 6 CDN Mk.II, 2 British Mk.II, 1 Mk.III, 1 CDN Tanker, Two British Dispatchers. (I acquired them when I was in Calgary)

The Mk.II in the photo is to me a unique piece because the suspension system of the liner has an original "dull flat lime green" instead of the usual flat black, and it is dated 1945 (I've never seen another example like it).

Sorry, those are the closes photos I have.

Regards,
    Taka
    Some very cool items there Taka I particularly like the Mk II of course but it would appear you have a nice Brit Para badge there as well hard to tell from your images is it a KC and is the fastener on the back side blade style or double lugged .
    Some other cool items as well I see a C-/l\ arrow marked waist belt in the mix and the US camo is intriguing you will have to show us some more of your collection in detail when you find the time .

Regards Mark K

?

They are getting harder to find with the original WW2 Colour as many were repainted a green in 1951

Dean O

?

You are correct Dean I have one war time dated C.L./C. Mk II helmet that was early post war refurbed painted a different shade of a semi gloss green and another that has been textured and refitted with an undated and or manufacture marked liner which only bares the C-/l\ arrow stamp.
    This particular Mk II is intriguing with the early year low steel lot number and the C-/l\ arrow stamp on the exterior of the shell which was positively a first for me can not find another example like it all the other ones I have seen have been ink stamped in the interior most of the time in and around the area of the dome.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Some very cool items there Taka I particularly like the Mk II of course but it would appear you have a nice Brit Para badge there as well hard to tell from your images is it a KC and is the fastener on the back side blade style or double lugged .
    Some other cool items as well I see a C-/l\ arrow marked waist belt in the mix and the US camo is intriguing you will have to show us some more of your collection in detail when you find the time .

Regards Mark K
    Hi Mark,

Thank you for the kind comments.

The British Para Bade is a double lugged style (Which I think an early version).

The U.S. camo shirt is in fact an Army pattern instead of the usual U.S.M.C pattern.

I like Canadian stuff, especially anything with a C Broad Arrow. Get kind of "crazy excited" when I see them, lol.

What kind of field do you collect, by the way? I collect mostly WWI~WWII U.S., British/Canadian, Japanese and German related.

Regards,
    Taka

?

Just for your info, the helmets were repainted when the Canadian Military went to the green 51 pattern webbing.

Dean O

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast