Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Canadian 1940 DATED MkII

Article about: So I take it 1940 was the first year they produced the Mk2 in Canada? Here's a 1941 dated one.

?

Default Canadian 1940 DATED MkII

Here is another helmet I have recently added to my collection a Canadian 1940 dated Mk II manufactured by the Canadian Lamp Company (C.L./C. batch code number 7 .
    The liner and crucifix look to be original to the helmet and it shows some nice honest patina and light ware to the out side of the shell I as of yet do not have this helmet in hand as it is still in transit from the seller so I can not be positive but it almost would appear that there was a diamond shaped decal on the front at one time there seems to be an odd shaped out line on the front of the shell in image one or are my eyes deceiving me.
    Any and all comments are welcome.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian 1940 DATED MkII   Canadian 1940 DATED MkII  

Canadian 1940 DATED MkII   Canadian 1940 DATED MkII  

Hi Mark, it looks like a good honest helmet.

I cannot see the markings you refer too? But new pics should reveal all.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very nice WWII CDN helmet !

I like it.

Thank you for sharing.

Taka

?

Thanks Adrian it will make a nice addition to my collection as to the marking on the front of the shell it is very hard to make out but it looks like a ghost of an image almost like a halo around were a decal once was.
    As you say new pictures should reveal all I shall post better pictures once it arrives in the mail.
    Thanks for the comment Taka !!!

Regards Mark K

Great lid

Is "7" the batch number?

Cheers, Mads

Looks a good one mate. I can see ghost of the diamond to the right of the first pic with a dark stain on it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks Mads I believe the 7 stands for the steel batch that was used on that particular run.
    Thanks for the comments Jerry and IMO there was a decal there at one time it will be interesting to see if any thing else will be visable .

Regards Mark K

Sorry Mark, didnt see that you already wrote it in your first post. "7" is lowest batch number I've seen until now, would be great to see a batch no. 1 lid

Cheers, Mads

?

I have to agree with you there Mads I think I would purchase the batch code N#1 just on principle that would be a killer piece to add to any Canadian Mk II collection.

Regards Mark K

For some reason all Canadian MKIIs I see are from 1942

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast