Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian 1941 dated C.L./C. flashed to the Regimental Police

Article about: I found this Mk II rather interesting and new I had to add it to my collection as Canadian flashed helmets are quite scarce in any form it is a 1941 C.L./C. steel batch code 31 it is sportin

?

Default Canadian 1941 dated C.L./C. flashed to the Regimental Police

I found this Mk II rather interesting and new I had to add it to my collection as Canadian flashed helmets are quite scarce in any form it is a 1941 C.L./C. steel batch code 31 it is sporting a 1941 VMC Mk I liner in a 7 1/8 and looks to be well used it has the letters RP painted on the front red over black with a large red band surrounding the helmet both have been applied in very thick multi layered paint .
    The lettering and the band are consistent to period images of Canadian war time Regimental and or Military Police I am quite excited to add this helmet to my collection as I have never seen another example come up for sale in the market place thanks for looking all comments are welcome.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian 1941 dated C.L./C. flashed to the Regimental Police   Canadian 1941 dated C.L./C. flashed to the Regimental Police  

Canadian 1941 dated C.L./C. flashed to the Regimental Police   Canadian 1941 dated C.L./C. flashed to the Regimental Police  

Canadian 1941 dated C.L./C. flashed to the Regimental Police   Canadian 1941 dated C.L./C. flashed to the Regimental Police  

This helmet has character. Love the thick paint!

Also with the matching shell and liner date.

Great example !

Thank you for posting the helmets Mark.

Cheers!
    Taka

?

Thanks Taka I think this helmet has a story to tell .
    I have a couple of other flashed Mk II's in the mail with any luck they should be here in the next few days one flashed to the Army Fire Service New Toronto and the other one I will leave for a surprise will post them up when they arrive .

Regards Mark