MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian 1941 DATED MkII

Article about: Morning gents I managed to secure this Mk II of Evil Bay early last week for a very decent price it was miss listed as a British combat helmet . When in fact it was a 1941 dated C.L./C. stee

?

Default Canadian 1941 DATED MkII

Morning gents I managed to secure this Mk II of Evil Bay early last week for a very decent price it was miss listed as a British combat helmet .
    When in fact it was a 1941 dated C.L./C. steel batch code 28 the shell is nicely C/l\ marked as is the chinstrap I was always under the assumption that the 40 dated Mk II's were the hardest to come by as this was the first year of production my understanding now is that the 41 is the rarest of the Canadian MK II's as there was an abundance of helmets manufactured in 40 hence there were fewer produced in 41 I am still looking in to this ?
    It is sporting a 42 dated Viceroy liner in a size 7 1/4 IMO the liner has been recently removed as there is evidence of tool marks on the liner retaining bolt and it has been replaced upside down now who ever had the liner out may have replaced it in the wrong position and or it could have been like this for some time as it is not uncommon to see them flipped around on Mk II's but I suspect from the slight discoloration around the nut it was put on in reverse I have a couple of other lids in my collection this has been done on as well and it will be a quick and easy fix once I get it in the mail.
    I do rather like the patina and wear and it will be displayed with a very worn and faded two tone net I think they will look rather good together thanx for looking.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian 1941 DATED MkII   Canadian 1941 DATED MkII  

Canadian 1941 DATED MkII   Canadian 1941 DATED MkII  

?

Great looking helmet.

?

Thanx Aaron it will look good on the shelf.

Regards Mark K

Good pick up Mark.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanx Jerry one of these days I should take a couple of pictures with all my lids and berets on display I have most of them at my house up north now flying out tomorrow back to work for another month .
    I love watching the Canada custom guys when they x-ray my luggage two or three times and then finally open the bag bringing back three new lids this time it should be amusing.

Regards Mark K

A classic by Canadian Lamp, I'm guessing a liner by Vero...?

?

Thanx Nigel and you are correct of course on the liner manufacture Viceroy held the exclusive contract for all Canadian manufactured Mk II helmets unlike are British cousins were the manufactures could be wide and are quite varied.

Regards Mark K

?

Just a few more images to share with the camo net on .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian 1941 DATED MkII   Canadian 1941 DATED MkII