Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Canadian 1942 AG/C Mk II

Article about: In May of 1942 Aluminium Goods Ltd. of Toronto Ontario won a tender to manufacturer 66,600 Mk II helmet shells under contract by The Department of Munitions and Supply for the Royal Canadian

SMP
    ?

Here's mine:

I think a lot of these were left behind in the UK when the war finished.

?

Nice clean example SMP I do know they are hard to come by here in Canada.

Regards Mark
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

Well done Mark on obtaining such a rare maker,thanks for posting............
    With Regards Jake.

?

Thanks Jake my pleasure

Regards Mark
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

My example has a B8 batch code.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011_0120new-tommy-lid0010.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	236.3 KB 
ID:	658388  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks for posting your example Jerry I have a personal interest with the steel batch lot numbers on Canadian Mk II's and I have been compiling data on them for some time now but not having much luck corilating batch codes to dates hopefully one day with some more research I can compile a list of manufacturing dates.

Regards Mark

I' m adding my example, just for reference.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	168.8 KB 
ID:	658396 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	658397

Cheers!
    Taka

Mark, just seen a 1942 dated, batch no. F8.

?

Thanks Mads I will add it to my data base the earliest steel lot number sequence I have seen so far on a Mk II produced by AG/C is a B 08 the example Jerry showed earlier in the thread.

Regards Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12