Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canadian 1942 dated C.L./C Mk II

Article about: This 1942 dated C.L./C Mk II was a nice offering from a friend as part of a trade it has a nice patina and well worn look about her it will display rather nicely it is sporting the early wov

?

Default Canadian 1942 dated C.L./C Mk II

This 1942 dated C.L./C Mk II was a nice offering from a friend as part of a trade it has a nice patina and well worn look about her it will display rather nicely it is sporting the early woven 1 variant of the Canadian two tone camo net and has a 1940 dated V.M.C liner.
    The chinstrap is C/l\ marked and named to a H.DANN it should make for a good research project there is but one slight problem with the helmet the under side has been peppered with paint spots so now I have a we bit of a decision to make should one attempt to remove the paint spots or should it be left as is ?
    I am not one to put an old dog down and this helmet regardless of the paint marks deserves to sit on a shelf in a collection so I have decided to take it in and give it a home were it can live out it's days

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian 1942 dated C.L./C Mk II   Canadian 1942 dated C.L./C Mk II  

Canadian 1942 dated C.L./C Mk II   Canadian 1942 dated C.L./C Mk II  

Looks very nice! I personally wouldn't worry about the paint spots. Nice helmet!

?

The two tone colours show up well on that first pic'. I wouldn't worry about those spots either, they don't show much even on the close up pic.
    Hopefully get to see more great lids as the new year progresses Mark.

?

Thanks Aaron I will add a few more images and post them to the thread when it arrives in the mail.

Regards Mark K

- - ------- - -

Another great lid Mark.

Maybe it is time to start a show your mkII helmets thread? So we could have them all in one thread for ease of viewing.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks for the input Jerry I am starting my days off soon and will be heading home for a week with any luck this Mk II and the other Canadian helmets I have ordered and or dealing on will be here once I return.
    The thought of posting my Mk II's and other war time dated Commonwealth headgear and helmets to the collection thread has crossed my mind as well lately but the lighting here in my home is so terrible and as I leave for work before first light and do not get back till the early evening it makes taking good quality photos difficult at the best of times.
    I have purchased a portable photo studio with multiple back drops and will pick it up when I get home with any luck this will solve my lighting problem.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian 1942 dated C.L./C Mk II  

The photo booth sounds great and I have thought of getting one or perhaps making one as I often have problem with good consistent light for pictures except for smaller items.

With regards to the mkII helmets, I was thinking more that all of us could add ours to a group thread.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

A wonderful Ideal Jerry I do believe there are enough of us here that have Mk II helmets in are collections that we could have a fairly detailed thread honoring these Iconic helmets perchance would you know anyone around here that would have any pull

Regards Mark K

?

Love the photo booth Mark. I have a couple but they don't have the side lighting panels like yours, rather you aim lights in either side through the side panels. Yours is far more effective at lighting the object while diffusing the light. What maker is it?

I agree with your thought on a dedicated thread, I have a few I could add as well.

Sounds good guys, we can make it a pinned thread, I know a man who can do that.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast