Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Canadian 42 C.L./C. Mk II

Article about: Evening gents the post man was kind enough to deliver this little gem to me today although the 42 C.L./C. was the most widely produced Canadian Mk II of the second world war and I have a few

?

Thanx Aaron I have been very lucky as of late and have come across some very nice Canadian Mk II's
    I am currently waiting on a wardens helmet a G.S.W. 41 and a C.L./C. 40 to arrive in the mail will post up some images when they arrive.

Regards Mark K
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    A super collection of netted & un-netted lids, & a black shiny one hiding away in the corner, HCRAC.
    Here are a couple of pictures of that black and shiny HCRAC you were referring to Aaron.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 2486.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	321.0 KB 
ID:	635584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 2485.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	320.7 KB 
ID:	635585  

Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

Hi Mark,

Is your Tanker's chinstrap a black webbing? If so, a first one for me.

Cheers!
    Taka

?

Morning Taka yes the chinstrap on this example is black webbing and although nicely C-/l\ marked in three separate locations it lacks the Safety Supply Co of Toronto manufactures stamp as well.

Regards Mark

Cool example !

Thank you for showing, now you might need a pair of goggles and radio set to complete it.

Cheers!
    Taka

?

Working on it Taka the goggles are on there way slow boat from Greece as to the radio set I was thinking the same thing my self and was going to start to look around to see if I could locate a set.

Regards Mark

Hi Mark I have been admiring your Canadian helmets here and on Jerrys sticky thread.
    Please excuse me for not commenting but believe me I have been very interested in them and the useful information you share about them with us.
    May I ask a question and it might be a daft one, do all Canadian M11 helmets have this type of dome liner bolt and nut. The reason I ask is that I have one with a smaller dome headed screw bolt and normal hexagon nut underneath.
    Its a G S W D P &H With a V M C I 1942 liner . don't know how it finished up over here.
    thanks in advance
    Rod

?

Hi Rod thanks for your comments sorry for the late reply for some reason I am not receiving notification to some of the threads I have started and or commented on.
    As to the liner retention nut and bolt ( securing bolt )the Canadian Mk II retained the Mk I style liner securing bolt and dome style nut through out it's 1940-1943 production run with out change..
    Iam currently working on a fairly lengthy thread that will explains the finer details, differences and manufacturers of the Canadian Mk II, and it's components I hope to have it completed in the next week or so.

Regards Mark

Hi Mark,

Looking forward to read your post.

Cheers!
    Taka

P.S.: I'm going back to Japan today, and will post some of my collections around next week.

?

Thanks Taka I have been working on it for some time now and should have it completed soon .
    Have a safe trip looking forward to seeing some of your collection my friend.

Regards Mark

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast