Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Canadian 42 C.L./C. Mk II

Article about: Evening gents the post man was kind enough to deliver this little gem to me today although the 42 C.L./C. was the most widely produced Canadian Mk II of the second world war and I have a few

Thanks Mark and there is certainly no need to apologise, i was in no rush.
    That answers my question, I thought it was odd as all the ones you have posted seemed to all have that type of attachment. My one must have been changed for some strange reason a very long time ago. Its been niggling me for while.
    Looking forward to your new thread.
    Thank you again and all the best.
    Rod

Canadian 42 C.L./C. Mk II[

?

Hi Rod your Canadian Mk II is not the first I have seen with the securing nut and bolt changed out I have seen other helmets out of Britain and or Europe that this has been done to as well and it could have been changed out for numerous reasons ie... liner change,field repair,lost securing nut or bolt and there were no proper replacements available and so they had to use what was available to them.
    I would be more inclined to believe this was a field repair and or a change out if this was done on any other shell than a G.S.W.DP&H as these shells were intended for the A.R.P. and or civil defense very odd to find it in Britain in the first place but one never knows perhaps it made it's way over mid war with a civil volunteer,doctor,fireman and or a member of the S.J.A.B. or Red Cross.

Regards Mark

You are probably correct Mark with your assumption about the nut/bolt. I wish I had a good story about where I got it from but I just bought it from a local auction room. There obviously were a few of Canadians around in my area, in fact, one of my aunts married one of them and lived the rest of her life happily married in Hamilton Ontario. I would like to think it may have belonged to one of them but when buying things at auctions we never know where they have came from.
    thanks again for your knowledge.
    Rod
    Canadian 42 C.L./C. Mk II

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3