Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian or American ?

Article about: I have this WW1 liner that i thought was American,but the name seems to be of Canadian origin. Can anyone tell anything from the mans serial number,like Country and Battallion. The liner is

Default Canadian or American ?

I have this WW1 liner that i thought was American,but the name seems to be of Canadian origin.
    Can anyone tell anything from the mans serial number,like Country and Battallion.
    The liner is in a FKS MkI lid,however i dont think they started life together because of the way the liner is connected to the lugs ?
    Anyway i like it,2 for the price of 1
    Thanks Fellas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian or American ?   Canadian or American ?  

Canadian or American ?   Canadian or American ?  

Canadian or American ?   Canadian or American ?  

Canadian or American ?  

The liner is probably a private purchase type for an officer, there can be some variation in these and are uncommon so not easy to be more specific.

The serial number with a letter in front of it would be typical for Canadian units, though it looks to be too long. also not sure what date these apply to.

Canadian Second World War Assigned Letters & Regimental Service Number ID. - Canada at War Forums
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

USM1917A1
    Piotrek

?

Helmet is a 1917A1, and the soldier was drafted from a New England state. Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Thank you very much, aicusv.