Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian ARP shell

Article about: Picked up as part of the trade - feedback appreciated. GSW shell with post-war strap - no liner. Thanks !

Default Canadian ARP shell

Picked up as part of the trade - feedback appreciated.
    GSW shell with post-war strap - no liner.

Thanks !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian ARP shell   Canadian ARP shell  

Canadian ARP shell   Canadian ARP shell  

?

Hi George the Helmet Body as you well know was produced By General Steel Wares starting in mid 1942 these particular shells marked with the DP&H logo were produced for the Department of Pensions and Health and were intended for use by the ARP and Civil Defense Network and are constructed from mild steel (magnetic) they produced approx 166,000 helmet bodies for the DP&H during the war years.
    As to the ARP flash painted on the front for the most part stencils were used to apply the flashes here are a couple of examples from my collection to illustrate the difference and just goes to show that not all stencils were the same .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian ARP shell   Canadian ARP shell  

Canadian ARP shell  

Thank you for the info.

Who ever did a stencil on my shell did a poor job compare to the stamped one on yours.

PM me if you are interested in it for your collection.

?

Hi George thank you for the offer I have two other examples of ARP flashed helmets in my collection I have not even got around to photographing yet .
    I am looking for another example that is in a slightly different configuration they were issued out in the Province of Quebec.

Regards Mark