MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian/Brit helmet help!

Article about: Hey guys, I saw these two helmets up for sale, and I'm asking you if you think they are worth the prices. Canadians Dollars. First example is a canadian mk 2 for \\$100 by Canadian lamp co. Th

Default Canadian/Brit helmet help!

Hey guys,

I saw these two helmets up for sale, and I'm asking you if you think they are worth the prices. Canadians Dollars.

First example is a canadian mk 2 for $100 by Canadian lamp co.

The second example (third picture) is $75. It says "DMA" on the front, im guessing home guard?

What do you think?

Thanks,
    Quinn
    Attached Images Attached Images Canadian/Brit helmet help!  Canadian/Brit helmet help!  Canadian/Brit helmet help! 

Default Re: Canadian/Brit helmet help!

Both look good to me. The second one looks like it has some heavy texture to the paint...or rust...can't tell. Normally civil defense helmets are smooth textured. To be honest, I would be all over the second helmet if it actually has it's original heavy texturing since they did not come from the factory like that.

thanks for the reply mk1. Do you think the DMA could be a naval helmet? Do you think the prices are right? Ive heard so many different opinions..

About a month ago, we picked up a Canadian MKII, very close to condition of the first photo, for $40 US.

Russ & Son

?

Unfortunately ,like most militaria, the prices keep escalating, a few years ago you could pick up a decent Mk II, for £5.00 even some that had various markings denoting service details, unit markings etc, now the price depends on the type of condition and any provenance attached to it, as for these helmets i would say the unmarked one is slightly high in price, the other is what it is, a marked helmet, these will only increase in price in the future, its a case of buy now while you can reasonably afford it, everyone seems to be jumping on the band wagon concerning British or Canadian helmets