Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian Engineers Helmet???

Article about: Hello, Ive been studying this Helmet thats posted for sale. I have not come accross any reference like it where it was painted CE like this Helmet. Royal Engineers markings were also Red but

Default Canadian Engineers Helmet???

Hello, Ive been studying this Helmet thats posted for sale. I have not come accross any reference like it where it was painted CE like this Helmet. Royal Engineers markings were also Red but most examples I have looked at had Dark Blue or Black stripes vs white. Any comments of second opinions on this item?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Engineers Helmet???   Canadian Engineers Helmet???  

Canadian Engineers Helmet???   Canadian Engineers Helmet???  

Here's some other examples I was studying before. Notice the flash is either Black or Dark Blue. Still havent found one with white bars. Any guesses?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Engineers Helmet???  
    Attached Images Attached Images Canadian Engineers Helmet??? 

?

Sorry, I can't help with the first helmet you showed, not seen this type of marking before. The last two helmets are ones I've seen before, and look very nice, typical RE flash.

There were three field companies of engineers for each CEF division. The 1st Div CE denoted these companies with white bars on the helmet formation signs, one white bar on centre is the 1st FC, two bars at the thirds is the 2 FC, three white bars denotes the 3 FC. I have a 3 FC similar to the one you show above.

I have only seen one for the 1st FC, a few for the 2nd butt he 3rd turns up every now and then. There are a few with a 'T' behind which are thought to be tunneling companies, but maybe something else - as no official designation has been located that I am aware of. The Museum of the Regiments in Calgary has on on display

Thank you for the comments. I'll keep digging, see if I can find some more info and possibly other examples. I've been to the Museum in Calgary but its been a few years now, I will have to make time and stop in to check out the new displays.

Why do you think there is 'more information' to find? I've told you exactly what it is....

Anyway - here's mine, basic 1917 Mk I helmet marked 'HV 581':

Sorry, I should have re-phrased. Wanted to find a example, couple pics to look at. Thank you for posting yours. Good looking Helmet