Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian MK 2 helmet

Article about: Came upon ths helmet on the weekend the liner is marked V- MK II and dated 1942 it looks to be a nice original helmet, liner and strap the top screw looks to be right and untampered with the

?

Default Canadian MK 2 helmet

Came upon ths helmet on the weekend the liner is marked V- MK II and dated 1942 it looks to be a nice original helmet, liner and strap the top screw looks to be right and untampered with the only problem that I do see thoe is that someone has painted over the the letters A R P with silver paint does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the paint with out destroying the the underlying letters or the original helmet paint .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian MK 2 helmet   Canadian MK 2 helmet  

Canadian MK 2 helmet   Canadian MK 2 helmet  

Canadian MK 2 helmet  

Default Re: Canadian MK 2 helmet

I removed some post-war paint off mine with nail polish remover (without acetone), in small droplets, and it seemed to retain the war paint. But apply with caution!

?

Thanks for the tip griffner a friend of mine also suggested using an abs primer with caution I have tried it and it worked I will repost a new picture with the end result tomorrow .

Regards Mark K

?

I managed to strip the silver paint from the A.R.P on my mark II Canadian combat helmet I had a spare shell wth no liner so I thought it might be worth a go .This is my end result might have worked a little to good as it took some of the white paint from the lettering but it is better than what it was at least I can now display the helmet for what it is any and all comments welcome.

Regards mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian MK 2 helmet   Canadian MK 2 helmet  

Canadian MK 2 helmet