Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian MkI RAC Steel Helmet

Article about: Just found this one recently...my first Canadian used MkI steel tanker helmet. I already checked to see if it is a MkII with the liner stud removed...no dimple.

Default Canadian MkI RAC Steel Helmet

Just found this one recently...my first Canadian used MkI steel tanker helmet. I already checked to see if it is a MkII with the liner stud removed...no dimple.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian MkI RAC Steel Helmet   Canadian MkI RAC Steel Helmet  

Default Re: Canadian MkI RAC Steel Helmet

Nice example.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I like it, but to be honest, know bugger all about them.

Brad.

Nice find...any shots of the marks inside?

?

I take it it will be a British BMB made shell but with a Canadian liner, did they do this with all there HSRAC or did some have the British made liners.

I was going to remove the liner just to find the stamps...but when I had the bolt loosened off, the liner was stuck in place. The rubber bumpers seem to be one with the shell. Not sure if I want to pop it off since it could have been in that same position for eons.

?

Best left as is I reckon, was it common practice to use the Canadian liners, were they better than the British ones.

Well, hell yes, son....Canadian gear better than British??....that just goes with out sayin'....