Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

CANADIAN MkII

Article about: Hi All, I've mostly got British helmets so I thought it would be nice to have a Canadian one. It's 42 dated, & made by the Canadian Lamp Company. The colour & the way the rubber buff

?

Default CANADIAN MkII

Hi All,
    I've mostly got British helmets so I thought it would be nice to have a Canadian one. It's 42 dated, & made by the Canadian Lamp Company. The colour & the way the rubber buffers are higher up on the liner are easy ways to tell the difference between the Canadian & British helmets.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CANADIAN MkII   CANADIAN MkII  

CANADIAN MkII   CANADIAN MkII  

Default Re: CANADIAN MkII

Can't get much better than that one. Very nice lid!

Default Re: CANADIAN MkII

Quote by mk1rceme View Post
    Can't get much better than that one. Very nice lid!
    Nice one, Aaron................!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Nice helmet Aaron I do imagine there are still quite a few Canadian lids kicking around the UK to be found.
    As to the liner suspension system and rubber buffers changes were not instituted until late in 1942 or very early 1943 this is when the position of the buffers and the placement of the vertical bands was altered to allow a deeper more comfortable fit .
    the helmet in image 1 is a 1940 dated C.L./C. and bares the earlier shallow type of liner image 2 is a 1942 dated C.L./C. which has the new deeper liner system installed.
    And the liner in image 3 although a later deeper style of liner is a wee bit of a mystery as it is undated and bares no makers mark such as (Viceroy Mfg ) I have my suspicions it is a very early post war liner as I pulled it from a heavy textured Mk II that I believe was refurbished for duty in Korea this mind you is only speculation.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CANADIAN MkII   CANADIAN MkII  

CANADIAN MkII