Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canadian MKII with a dent

Article about: This Canadian MKII walked in a few days ago. Shell has a very big dent that make me want to *DINGG* everytime I see it. Shell dated Canadian lamp company 1942 and liner Viceroy manufacturing

Default Canadian MKII with a dent

This Canadian MKII walked in a few days ago. Shell has a very big dent that make me want to *DINGG* everytime I see it. Shell dated Canadian lamp company 1942 and liner Viceroy manufacturing company 1942. Found in Belgium. Proper combat piece. Such an impact blow must be more then by just hitting his head I'd say.

Canadian MKII with a dentCanadian MKII with a dentCanadian MKII with a dentCanadian MKII with a dentCanadian MKII with a dent

?

Nice standard issue Canadian Mk II with the exception of the chinstrap which IMO is British.

Regards Mark

?

Seems to have had a change of lining securing nut & bolt too.

Both seem to be there for quite a while. So period replaced I'd say.

?

70 odd years is a long time but so is 60 and 50 odd years who can say for shur Aaron would know better than I in regards to the chinstrap.

Regards Mark

You can say this on any helmet Mark. Quite frankly, the minimalistic responses bother me. It leaves alot of room to insinuate all kinds of things.
    This will probably be the last thing I will share in a while.

nice helmet ,i imagine quite a lot of force would be required for such a large dent ,was it a blunt object or is there damage to the paintwork? ,thanks for sharing

Cheers James.
    Under the dust it seems that most of the paintwork seems to remain.
    Question still stands, what kind of blunt object causes such a dent.

?

No argument from me I most certainly have a few examples in my own collection of Canadian Mk II's with refitted liner retention nuts and bolts, chinstraps, rivets crucifix pads,etc...

Regards Mark

Quote by magicdutchmen View Post
    Cheers James.
    Under the dust it seems that most of the paintwork seems to remain.
    Question still stands, what kind of blunt object causes such a dent.
    Maybe the butstock of a rifle or a club? and thanks for sharing this the dent gives it alot of charictaristic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast