Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian MkII - paint scheme ID?

Article about: Greetings everyone, I came across two nice Canadian wartime MkII's yesterday. One is a marked for Fire Service. This one however is a mystery to me. The helmet is a General Steel Wares produ

Default Canadian MkII - paint scheme ID?

Greetings everyone,

I came across two nice Canadian wartime MkII's yesterday. One is a marked for Fire Service. This one however is a mystery to me. The helmet is a General Steel Wares product with Viceroy Manufacturing Co liner that appears to be dated 1944. Any idea what the paint scheme signifies?

Thanks in advance for your comments,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian MkII  - paint scheme ID?   Canadian MkII  - paint scheme ID?  

Canadian MkII  - paint scheme ID?   Canadian MkII  - paint scheme ID?  

Canadian MkII  - paint scheme ID?  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Not much help I am afraid Tony but an intresting Mk II with a paint scheme I have never seen before the helmet body would very likely have been produced in 1942 by G.S.W. for the Department of Pensions and Health and it is manufactured from cold role steel and not so intended for use in the Theatre of Operations so very likely if the white paint was war time applied it had something to do with the Civil Defense network perhaps a group leader of some sort or a warden I will ask around and see if I can find anything to compare it to...

Regards Mark

Many thanks Mark!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

A small number of Passive Air Defence lids where quartered in the UK....but they were Brit lids of course....

...a very interesting marking........ thanks for sharing (and sorry i can't help!)

Certainly an unusual paint scheme, good to see it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.