Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian Post War Refitted Mk II

Article about: I thought I would post up something a little different for you gents as I have never shown any of my refitted Canadian Post war Mk II's on the forum before as they do not for the most part g

?

Default Canadian Post War Refitted Mk II

I thought I would post up something a little different for you gents as I have never shown any of my refitted Canadian Post war Mk II's on the forum before as they do not for the most part generate a lot of interest but being part of Canadian military heritage I have a few in my collection.
    This particular example was produced by The Canadian Lamp and Motor Company (C.L./C.) and is dated to 1942 steel lot batch code 96, It is sporting a late war VMC 1945 dated liner and a early post war manufactured chinstrap that is very much like its early Canadian cousins with the exception of a couple of distinct difference beyond the obvious change in the color of textiles used in construction( OD green material) the steel springs that were used in the sprung ends were built with sub standard materials and have a tendency to rust heavily and break and or cause the textiles in the chinstrap to start to rot do to the corrosive nature of the effects of rusting and oxidization and the chinstrap is constructed out of one piece of webbing and folds through the buckle to make adjustments to size.
    You may have noticed this particular helmet has been repainted in a gloss OD green this color and a semi gloss OD green were adopted in and around mid 1952 to the best of my knowledge,
    The Canadian army at this time was undergoing restructuring and part of this plan involved repainting much of its mobile and field equipment the same color as seen on this particular Mk II there are many post war examples out there as well that have there original war time dated liners and chinstraps and or post war manufactured liners and chinstraps or a mix of both the Mk II was used by the Canadian Army till September of 1960 till it was officially replaced by the M-1.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Post War Refitted Mk II   Canadian Post War Refitted Mk II  

Canadian Post War Refitted Mk II   Canadian Post War Refitted Mk II