Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian Rescue Helmet with a little twist.

Article about: I saw this one in a local military store and had to buy it. It has seen better days and unfortunately lost a good chunk of its decal but what drew me to it was the full stencilled "resc

?

Default Canadian Rescue Helmet with a little twist.

I saw this one in a local military store and had to buy it. It has seen better days and unfortunately lost a good chunk of its decal but what drew me to it was the full stencilled "rescue" on both sides. I haven't been able to find another like this, and I wonder if anyone else has one like it. The helmet itself is a mild steel GSW helmet.

Canadian Rescue Helmet with a little twist.Canadian Rescue Helmet with a little twist.Canadian Rescue Helmet with a little twist.Canadian Rescue Helmet with a little twist.

?

An interesting helmet you have there M.E.E. here is an example from my collection for comparison...
    A full explanation of Post-War Canadian Civil Defence Helmets there flashes and colour schemes can be found at the link below IMO the user likely personalised the helmet himself or this was done at a group level as it is the first I have seen like this on a Canadian used example... https://milart.blog/2013/08/25/post-...fence-helmets/

Regards Mark Kozowy

?

Thanks Mark, that was my thought also, if it didn't have the decal on it I would have thought private/business helmet. This one came from south of you in Victoria. Also such a nice decal on yours I would love to find one like that.

?

I believe I acquired this one through Geoff at Trenchrat Militaria he is situated in Sooke so not far from you in Victoria have you tried Command Post..

Regards Mark

?

Quote by Mark K View Post
    I believe I acquired this one through Geoff at Trenchrat Militaria he is situated in Sooke so not far from you in Victoria have you tried Command Post..

Regards Mark
    Thank you, I didn't know about trenchrat, I will have to stop there next time we drive up to China beach. This one came from the guys at command post, the price was good.