Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CHURCH WARDENS MKII Helmet.

Article about: Hello friends, I know this one has been on the bay for a while and I am sure I paid a bit over the odds for it, but as I am a "practising" Christian I made an offer on it and it wa

Default CHURCH WARDENS MKII Helmet.

Hello friends, I know this one has been on the bay for a while and I am sure I paid a bit over the odds for it, but as I am a "practising" Christian I made an offer on it and it was accepted. From the asking price of a hefty £195 I bought this great looking helmet for £105. It looks to be a nice period Wardens helmet to me , with the added addition of the Christian cross to the front only. It does not look like a later added "pimp up" to me as the front W is purposely painted higher than the rear one. As ever all your thoughts are appreciated and I hope my evaluation is ok. Leon.CHURCH WARDENS MKII Helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CHURCH WARDENS MKII Helmet.  
    Attached Images Attached Images CHURCH WARDENS MKII Helmet.  CHURCH WARDENS MKII Helmet. 

Hey Leon,

You'd be a dead ringer for the Verger Mr.Yeatman from 'Dad's Army' if you were to run around hootin' and hollerin' at one of your Jehovah's meetings wearing that.

"His Reverence is not going to like this....!!"
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I think its good the cross matches the wear on the rest of the helmet.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hey Leon,

You'd be a dead ringer for the Verger Mr.Yeatman from 'Dad's Army' if you were to run around hootin' and hollerin' at one of your Jehovah's meetings wearing that.

"His Reverence is not going to like this....!!"
    HaHa, thanks Ned, fortunately for you I am a Baptist Christian so you won't be getting any "dent's" in your front door from me, although if I were to "pop over" this helmet is certainly the one for me to wear while you are throwing your Wit bombs!! Leon.

?

Looks good to me

Me too, but very pricey Is it on hand?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Me too, but very pricey Is it on hand?
    Hi Rene, hopefully it will be in the post and on it's way today. I agree that I have probably paid to much but I really liked it, so within reason, the price did not matter. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Rene, hopefully it will be in the post and one it's way today. I agree that I have probably paid to much but I really liked it, so within reason, the price did not matter. Leon.
    Of course absolutely and fair enough outright, I'm looking forward for some good pictures.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-29-2014 at 09:01 AM. Reason: added text

?

Possibly a new high price for a WW2 "British" helmet ... (Bar some of the rarer types ...ROC, RAF, .. named famous person etc)

To finish the set off, you'll now have to look for a Cassock with a sharpe shooters badge sewn on !!

Gary J.

Is it not more likely to be for a warden who was a vicar or priest perhaps to attend to the needs of any victims in bombing raids. To be honest I have not seen either a church wardens lid or one a warden vicars lid so merely speculation on my part. It certainly appears to be period done.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast