Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

The CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMET

Article about: Got this SFP ( supplementary fire parties ) marked CPH which in it's own right is quite nice with for me a new type of chin strap that I have'nt seen before on these helmets, but I think I'v

Seen two of these for sale recently one in grey looking very clean and another in a white gloss finish with two V marking on the front, one over the other. Sorry I wasn't able to get pictures, the question is how much is a reasonable price for one of these? They are both around the £45 mark. I like them but money's tight and I'm not wanting to give too much!

I would say expect to pay anything between £15 -£40 depending on condition and markings

Thanks James. If that's the case then I think I'll go for a haggle, see if I can get a deal on the pair. The plain grey one is very clean, nice Merrythought marked liner but no markings or chinstrap. the white one with the v markings has scabby paint and the markings look a bit amateur in their application but it has the chinstrap. I shall go on my day off and post if I purchase, although that said I think I'm going to go for it anyway, I just won't admit to how much I've blown!

Took the plunge and bought the pair, they're both 1941 dated although the markings on the white one are buried under loads of paint. The grey one has better markings and looks mint apart from a small mark on it, was wondering if the boot lace that hold the liner in is original.

The CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMETThe CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMETThe CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMETThe CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMETThe CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMETThe CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMETThe CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMETThe CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMET

?

The white one stamped AMC, Austin Motor Co, it also has a nice adjusta pad strap.
    Thanks Vauxhal Motors one, the string lace looks original to me.
    Two nice but slightly different CPH.

Got the pair for £75, didn't think that was too much as the grey one is in such good nick, a further discount would have been better but the guy selling had paid £70 for them. They're really nice items and go well with some other ARP, Home Guard and Civil Defence items I have. This could be the start of a new collecting area. Are there any books published about these civilian helmets, or is information all net based?

?

The majority of information on these helmets you will mostly only find on the net.

The white example appears to have had a white cross on a red circular background, nice pick up.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

There is a white cross in a red circle as you noted but it seems that at some point somebody decided to cover the helmet with a thick layer of white gloss, and add the chevrons. It's probably not worth trying to get the paint off because I reckon that would do more harm than good. Thanks all for suggestions for information, I will have to have a google.

?

Here's an large size Pressed steel Co, with to me anyway, unknown water slide transfer to the front.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMET   The CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMET  

The CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMET   The CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMET  

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast