Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Civilian protective helmet : Supplementary Fire Parties

Article about: A civilian protective helmet with to the front SFP for supplementary fire parties, which was part of the ARP. But have just read that SFP was also for street fire parties which were recruite

?

Default Civilian protective helmet : Supplementary Fire Parties

A civilian protective helmet with to the front SFP for supplementary fire parties, which was part of the ARP.
    But have just read that SFP was also for street fire parties which were recruited by the fire service.These two organisations would have only had a short life as in August 1941 with the set up of the NFS & combining the fire watchers the fire guards were formed.
    The helmet is dated 1941 & made by VM? the liner by C.C.& S. Ltd? It has a typical non military looking chin strap, which must have been made in a small amount as I have seen this type before.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Civilian protective helmet : Supplementary Fire Parties   Civilian protective helmet : Supplementary Fire Parties  

Civilian protective helmet : Supplementary Fire Parties   Civilian protective helmet : Supplementary Fire Parties  

Civilian protective helmet : Supplementary Fire Parties   Civilian protective helmet : Supplementary Fire Parties  

Thanks for showing, I've never seen one like this! You have one of the best collections around! Cheers. + always good shots too minus shot 6
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-11-2013 at 08:47 AM. Reason: added text

NCA
    ?

Nice example.I've heard VM could be Vauxhall Motors from Luton...

?

It might well be Vauxhall Motors, there are many more makers of the shells & liners than there are for the Mk2 & Mk3.
    Thanks guys.

Vauxhall would make sense, at least they did produce helmets, just dont know which model(s).

Did Vauxhall produce mkII's?

Cheers, Mads

?

No, I don't think VM did produce any Mk2's, I've never seen any VM marked Mk2's. But have seen plenty of CPH marked VM.

?

Here's another SFP & a HFP, could that be for heavy fire party? Or could the H be a towns initials or company name.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Civilian protective helmet : Supplementary Fire Parties   Civilian protective helmet : Supplementary Fire Parties  

Attached Images Attached Images Civilian protective helmet : Supplementary Fire Parties