Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Commando Group DR helmet

Article about: An oddly painted (and embellished), 1944 made Despatch Rider's motorcyclist helmet, sporting the insignia of the Commando Group, introduced in early 1945. The white stripe (a racing embellis

Default Commando Group DR helmet

An oddly painted (and embellished), 1944 made Despatch Rider's motorcyclist helmet, sporting the insignia of the Commando Group, introduced in early 1945. The white stripe (a racing embellishment) seems to have been overpainted, on a later stage, over some kind of front sign, may be the letter MP or something? The Commando Groups signs seem to have been there for quite a long time.... what are your opinions, gents?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commando Group DR helmet   Commando Group DR helmet  

Commando Group DR helmet   Commando Group DR helmet  

Commando Group DR helmet   Commando Group DR helmet  

Commando Group DR helmet  

Looks pretty convincing to me, shame about the overpaint, though are you sure that is civvy and not later military use?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Looks pretty convincing to me, shame about the overpaint, though are you sure that is civvy and not later military use?
    well, Jerry, I am not sure about anything, regarding this helmet. The seller maintained that the paint scheme misght signify use in the Italian Theatre by a MP unit attached to Commandos...