Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Commonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner Manufacturers

Article about: Here is a List of Helmet & Liner Manufacturers as a reference for quick identification of markings on Commonwealth WW2 - MkII Helmets and Liners. It has been compiled from various posts

?

Here's a TPB? made Mk2 liner, & as with most of these unknown makers the date is 1941.
    It has an unusual white string to tie up the five tongues of the liner, looks original to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner Manufacturers   Commonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner Manufacturers  

?

A G&S made liner dated 1943
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner Manufacturers  

?

H&s 1941.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner Manufacturers  

Anyone seen this maker before?

?

I kept this image as well, it's in a post war Dutch clone Mk2. But think it's all ok, but couldn't tell you what it is.

?

Hi Mick, Have seen Jager-Rand liners dated 1943.

?

An W&L.C. 1941

?

Well this one really mucks up, or should it have been an f on the front of mucks.
    A 1940 shell with an Mk2 chin strap lug dated 1939?
    It's all correct, just never seen an 1940 dated shell with an Mk2 chin strap lug on before, because the Mk3 chin strap lug was introduced in early 1939. Must have been hanging around in the stores for a while (at least 9 months).

?

HBH, 1938 to now 1942.

Update on Australian Liner,Just came across a bit of info that has a liner with the name "ADVANX 1943" (Advanx Rubber Co) stamped on it.This could be a new one on me,or could be that i misread the name on one of mine,which i listed as "AIFAXX"
    Advanx Tyre and Rubber Company was operating in Sydney Australia.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast