Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Desert paint Q for MK 2 Brodies

Article about: Folks, At Militaria 2013 today and noticed a number of British MkIIs wearing desert paint scheme (inside and out) that looked pretty original to me, but not with sand in the paint as I've re

Default Desert paint Q for MK 2 Brodies

Folks,

At Militaria 2013 today and noticed a number of British MkIIs wearing desert paint scheme (inside and out) that looked pretty original to me, but not with sand in the paint as I've read elsewhere or seen in pics here on the Forum. Were some painted and sent out to North Africa in a matt finish without sand or a rough texture being applied? Or are these repaints?

Cheers

Default Re: Desert paint Q for MK 2 Brodies

Hi capitano,i have only seen textured desert cammos myself but that does'nt mean that is all that was made as i am no expert on british helmets. Leon,

?

Desert camo helmets are very rare so seeing quite a few together would make very suspicious, I would only go for one if I ever found one if it was only paint on the outside & not inside, I think they were all painted sand camo in the field.

Thanks Tinlid, to clarify I spotted 2-3 dotted around the show and they were painted both sides. So they were only painted in theatre?

?

At a guess I would say all helmets going out to the Desert campaign would have been factory finished in textured khaki green, then overpainted in whatever colour they had to hand to blend in with there surroundings. Most likely the colour they were painting there vehicles.